I ♥ pesto. It is one of my favorite dishes. This is the first time I have made vegan pesto, and I think it was yummy. I didn't include pine nuts in mine, because, well I never have, so that is not in this recipe. But if you want pine nuts, just add them to the mix. :)
This is a satisfying meal, and pretty quick to make. Win win. :)
You will need:
- @ 4 or 5 cups of cooked pasta
- Vegan parmesan (Make extra if you like lots of seasoning)- blend the following in a blender: 1/2 cup raw organic walnutes,1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup dried basil, or 1 cup fresh basil (best)
- @ 1/2 cup olive oil
- Pour olive oil over cooked and drained pasta. Coat all pasta with oil.
- Stir in the vegan parmesan and basil, reserving about 1/4 to sprinkle on top.
- Put pasta on serving plates, and sprinkle remainder on top.
- Enjoy! :)
|Read more about me here.|