This recipe did not disappoint. It is amazing how cashews can transform into a creamy delight. I chose to eat mine with these sweet juicy strawberries. You can make a crust out of ground up nuts and dates if you would prefer to eat it in pie form. For this recipe you will need:
- 2 cups of cashews (soak them for @4-8 hours before using)
- 1/2 cup water or milk substitute
- 2-5 tablespoons of lemon juice or 1 tablespoon of orange juice concentrate
- 1-2 teaspoon of real vanilla flavoring
- agave nectar, to taste (if using orange juice conc., agave is not necessary) or 4 packs NOW organic stevia
- a few ice cubes, optional, for a chilled effect, * or chill for a few hours after you make it *
Here are my ingredients, all lined up and ready to go:
Place cashews and all of your ingredients into a blender. I used the chopper portion of the Ninja.
You will need to blend for a good long while. Maybe 10 minutes in all, in increments. I had to stop a few times to scrape the mixture back down into the chopper and make sure there was enough water. If the mixture is too dry it will not blend well and get creamy like we want.
Here are some pictures of the creamy goodness:
If you feel it needs something extra, add lemon juice and or agave nectar until you get the tartness and sweetness that you desire. Enjoy! :o)
Until next time.... God bless!