Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Yummy chocolate zucchini muffin recipe

During a recent visit to a nearby cafe', I tried the chocolate zucchini muffins, and I was very pleasantly surprised with the taste! So, online I went searching for a vegan recipe. I finally came across one that looked good at Happy Herbivore. They were fun to make, and I am very happy with the results! They are tasty, and I made them sugar free.

First I will share my photos, then the recipe....

Here is my grated zucchini:

The super yummy batter:

And the end result, muffins! :


Here is the recipe. I of course modified it slightly from the original.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa
  • 1 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1-2 tablespoon(s) agave nectar or honey
  • 1 whole banana, smashed
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1/4 cup almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup shredded zucchini
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Grease cupcake tin with a bit of coconut oil.
  3. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
  4. Mix all of the wet ingredients together in another.
  5. Pour batter into cupcake tin, one tablespoon of batter per section.
  6. Bake for about 15 minutes. These don't take long!
  7. Enjoy! :o)

1 comment:

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

These look good !
Love,Mom