Now that you're back, let's talk dumplings. These were easy to make, and so fun to do. Sure, they took a little time, but it was a rewarding venture. The dough recipe is simple. You will need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- up to 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix the following together and put a little olive oil on the dough ball so it will be easier to work with. Separate your dough into about ten pieces.
- Then, one at a time flatten out your dough pieces and put a teaspoon or two of filling in the middle.
- Next, fold dough over and press edges together.
- Then take a fork and make pretty designs along the outer perimeter that you joined, making the union stronger.
- Here is what mine looked like during the process. Not a great pic, but you can get the idea. Notice how the dumplings are in different stages of preparation:
7. Stir dumplings immediately to separate them, then let them cook for about 30 minutes.
8. To add more flavor to your dumplings, stir fry them in a little sesame oil until slightly crisp on both sides.
9. Add soy sauce and serve.
10. Enjoy! :o)
|Read more about me here.|