Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Yummy black bean soup recipe

Share this page:



I had been craving black bean soup, so I decided to make it for today. It turned out yummy, as usual. That is one of the nice things about this recipe- it comes out just right every time. Here is a pic of my first bowl of the day, still steamy. :o)

                                                                        
For this recipe you will need:
  • @3 cups of organic dried black beans, prepared (will be more than 2 cups once cooked) (read how to prepare your beans here)
  • 1-2 onions, I used 2
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teapspoon crushed garlic
  • 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
  • 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
  • salt to taste
I used my crockpot for this recipe, as I do all of my soup recipes. :o)

  1. Fill crockpot 3/4 full of water. Add presoaked beans.
  2. Dice and add onions.
  3. Add crushed garlic and spices.
  4. Cook for about 8 hours on medium or high.
  5. After 8 hours, turn down to warm.
  6. Add olive oil and nutritional yeast.
  7. Stir.
  8. Pour 3/4 of soup into blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
  9. Add blended portion to non blended portion and stir.
  10. Add salt to taste.
  11. Enjoy!
To learn some health benefits of beans and more ideas on ways to include them in your diet, click here.

Until next time.... God bless! :o)


God bless!

Read more about me here.