For this recipe you will need:
- @3 cups of organic dried black beans, prepared (will be more than 2 cups once cooked) (read how to prepare your beans here)
- 1-2 onions, I used 2
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teapspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- salt to taste
- Fill crockpot 3/4 full of water. Add presoaked beans.
- Dice and add onions.
- Add crushed garlic and spices.
- Cook for about 8 hours on medium or high.
- After 8 hours, turn down to warm.
- Add olive oil and nutritional yeast.
- Pour 3/4 of soup into blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add blended portion to non blended portion and stir.
- Add salt to taste.
Until next time.... God bless! :o)
|Read more about me here.|