Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Mediterranean/ Greek style stewed okra and tomatoes (Yes, it's good!:)

Share this page:







                                                                           

One of the reasons I appreciate eating out every now and then is that I often try things that I wouldn't necessarily consider making at home. But when I find something that I really like, I usually try to recreate it. :) I had this as a side dish at a Mediterranean restaurant. I love okra, and if you do too you'll probably enjoy this dish. :)

Makes about 4 servings.
You will need:
Please use organic ingredients if possible.
  • @ 5 cloves of garlic 
  •  4-5 cups of okra
  •  1/2 onion, sliced
  • 1 tomato, sliced
  • 1 cup tomato sauce (I used spaghetti sauce), in glass jar to avoid bpa
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • salt to taste
  • 1 packet of NOW stevia







How to prepare:
(I used a glass pan with a lid.)
  1. Pour olive oil into pan. Saute onions and garlic.
  2. Add tomatoes and okra. Salt vegetables. Allow to cook for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
  3. Add tomato sauce, and cook and stir for 5-10 minutes more.
  4. Add water, turn temp. down and place lid on pan. Cook until vegetables are tender.
  5. Add stevia and stir well just before serving.
  6. Enjoy! :)



I am so glad that you stopped by Yummy Vegetarian Delights! Feel free to explore the rest of the site, and please leave a comment below!! :)



God bless!


Read more about me here.