This is the second day in a row I have made this dish... it's just that good. It is very satisfying and very very nutritious. Eating mushrooms help you stay healthy.... they contain zinc, high amounts of vitamin d if exposed to UV or sunlight, and have antiviral, antibacterial, and anticancer properties.
Broccoli and onion also have anticancer properties. And buckwheat is good for your heart and is a good source of fiber.
Now you can feel good about eating this dish while you enjoy the delicious flavor! :)
This recipe makes 2 servings. Double as needed.
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 onion
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom
- 3 cups of broccoli
- 1-2 cups of soba noodles, prepared
- soy sauce
- toasted sesame oil
- @ 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- @ half a teaspoon of garlic powder
- any other oil... I used sunflower
- Pour some sunflower oil in a frying pan or wok, just enough to coat the bottom. Add some toasted sesame oil for flavor.
- Once pan and oil are heated, add sliced onion.
- Now place a pot of water on stove for soba noodles (I used 100% buckwheat noodles).... add a little soy sauce and toasted sesame oil for flavor. Add noodles and allow to cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add mushroom and broccoli to sauteeing onions. Sprinkle on ginger and garlic, and pour on soy sauce. Allow to cook until noodles are done.
- Once soba noodles are done, drain and add to veggies.
- Add more soy sauce or sprinkle on salt if desired.
- Enjoy! :)
Nutritional info. obtained from these sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiitake, http://www.whfoods.com
I am so glad that you stopped by Yummy Vegetarian Delights! Feel free to explore the rest of the site, and please leave a comment below!! :)
|Read more about me here.|