Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

How to bake tempeh

Share this page:




Since tempeh is a fermented soy food- highly digestible and highly nutritious- it is certainly worthwhile to try to incorporate it into your diet. The tempeh I used was soy and brown rice. It was organic, and quite affordable. I picked up a pack of it at Whole Foods for $5 or less.

This is actually my second attempt at tempeh. At first I wasn't sure about it, but I have now gotten over the initial hump of trying it and eating it. It is quite versatile and can easily replace hamburger in any recipe, in my opinion. This tempeh was an ingredient in a surprisingly tasty Shepard's Pie. :)

To bake tempeh you will need:

  • Pack of organic tempeh
  • 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp curry powder
  • pinch of salt






  1. Chop up tempeh into squares and mix with melted coconut oil. 
  2. Stir in spices and salt.
  3. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
  4. Eat as it is, or add it to a recipe.
  5. Enjoy! :)
What is your favorite way to eat tempeh?

Until next time.... God bless!