Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe

Share this post:

Hi guys! :)
Well, today I am going to tell you about my tomato soup making adventure last night. My Mom and Dad gave us some tomatoes from their garden, and Mom told me she had made cream of tomato soup that was good. Well, turns out that's what we made to. My daughter helped me, but she didn't help me eat it. lol It does taste different than Amy's in a can, but I like it. :) This will make about 4 bowls of soup. This is how we made it. The ingredients needed:

  • 3 cups of cherry tomatos
  • 3/4 cup of water
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
  • 1 tablespoon molasses
  • 1/2 packet of stevia 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup of milk (I used organic 2%)
  1. First my daughter dutifully removed the leaves from the tomatoes and threw away the bad ones. Then she washed them with some baking soda and water.
  2. We then put the tomatoes, water, garlic, and spices, and salt in the water into a glass pot, put it on low-med heat and put the lid on.
  3. We let it simmer for about an hour, taking the top off occasionally as it looked like we needed to reduce some liquid.
  4. When the tomatoes had burst and smelled very good, we shut the oven off and let them cool.
  5. Once cool, we popped them into the Ninja with the molasses, stevia, and milk and blended till creamy.
  6. I then strained the mixture and drank the soup in a fancy glass cup. Yum! :)
Sooo, if you have some tomatoes and are feeling adventurous too, give this recipe a try. Comment below and let me know how it goes.

We actually started the process of sprouting lentils last night for an upcoming recipe. I will explain all of the how and whys to that one soon! :)

Until next time.... God bless!

No comments: