These butter bean cakes are for when you are craving potatoes but a) don't have them, or b) you aren't currently allowing yourself to eat them. The concept for this recipe came from Let's Do Lunch by Roger Wilson. I found the recipe to be pretty good. I would advise that you drain your butter beans well to help out with the firmness of the mixture. You can tweak this any way you like really. This is how I did it.
- 1 bag of butter beans, prepared
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- salt to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a blender, such as the Ninja.
- Form into cakes, or use a spoon to scoop.
- Place into a pan with heated oil.
- Flip to brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with chives-optional
More pics from the preparation:
Until next time.... God bless!