For this recipe you will need:
- 18 oz. of Scottish oatmeal
- 1 tbsp oil of your choice
- 2 tbsp honey or molasses
- 1 flax seed egg substitute)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of non-sweetened applesauce
- 1-2 ounces of crushed pecans
- 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- Take an 18 ounce container of oatmeal and add to a bowl.
- Add the applesauce, honey or molasses, egg (or egg substitute), and butter or oil. Mix these together as well as you can with a spoon.
- Next, add your crushed nuts and chocolate chips.
- At this point you will need to make sure your hands are clean and start kneading the mixture with your hands.
- Once mixture is kneaded well, it is time to oil 1 to 2 casserole dishes, depending on the size(s) you have available.
- Oil your dishes to prevent granola bars from sticking, and use your hands to position the granola mixture into pan about an inch thick.
- Cook your home made granola bars at about 300 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. Check often to make sure it doesn't burn. When bars are very slightly browned around the edges they are ready to come out.
- Cut into 12 pieces while still warm.
- Refrigerate leftover bars. Enjoy! I hope you enjoy these as much as we did.
|Read more about me here.|