Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Adzuki bean soup recipe

Share this page:

Adzuki beans taste different from other beans. They are actually cooked with brown sugar as a Japanese dessert, and I have read that there is Adzuki bean ice cream in Japan as well. Interesting. For this adzuki bean soup recipe you will need:


16 oz. dried adzuki beans
1 sweet onion
8 ounces of fresh spinach or 1 fennel top, chopped
3 carrots, diced
1 tbs. ginger
1 tsp. cumin
salt to taste

I am a big fan of crock pot cooking, so my method is to add all of the ingredients to my crock pot and let slow cook for about 8 hours. If you are cooking on your stove top, cooking time will be about 2 hours on low- medium heat, stirring frequently.

Here is my adzuki bean soup, with a bit of guacamole in the middle. I LOVE guacamole!:
('DiggThis’)






God bless!

Read more about me here.