Enchilada sauce is something that is fairly easy to make and the flavor is great. You can use it on enchiladas (of course!), bean burritos, black bean soup, or southwestern-mexican style pizza.
To make this yummy enchilada sauce, you will need:
- 2-3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 15 oz. cans OR 1 large can of tomato sauce
- Get all of your spices set aside and ready because you will have to work pretty quickly.
- Set your stove top burner to low- medium and add coconut oil to your pan.
- The moment the coconut oil is melted, quickly add the spices, stirring almost constantly.
- Next, add tomato sauce and stir, or better yet whisk, mixture together thoroughly.
- If you prefer a thinner consistency, slowly add about half a cup of water.
- If you prefer a sweeter sauce, add about 1 tsp. of molasses.
|Read more about me here.|