Here is a tasty and relatively easy pizza dough recipe. You will need:
- 2 1/2 cup flour (I use about 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour and 1 cup wheat flour)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 1-2 tbsp honey or molasses
- 1 package of yeast
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- a little olive oil for drizzling
- (1/2 cup corn meal if you are making the mexican/southwestern pizza)
Take your one cup of warm water and stir in the honey and yeast. Let sit for about 10 minutes until it is frothy.
In a bowl mix your flour and coconut oil together by hand. (Mix in the corn meal now as well if using.) When it is fully mixed it will look like damp flour. You don't want any lumps.
Add the onion, garlic, and salt to the flour and mix.
Add the yeasty water to the flour and mix well. You will need to use your hands.
Drizzle with olive oil and let rise for about 30 minutes.
This makes enough dough for 2 small to medium sized pizza.
* To keep pizza from sticking to pan, dust pan with corn meal! :o)
|Read more about me here.|