My plans for making a vegan cheesecake for the 4th of July get together at my parents were thwarted when I accidently bought the wrong nuts. Oops! This opened the door for creating this DELISH recipe. I knew I wanted a banana nut bread. I also knew from past recipe attempts that you need the batter slightly sweeter than you want the cooked version to be, because it always looses some sweetness when cooked. This bread has LOADS of yummy flavor. This is a recipe you will definitely want to try.
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 banana, smashed
- 5 dates
- 1/2 to 1 cup molasses, depending on your preference
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- cup of walnuts
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- First use your hands to mix the coconut oil into the flour until it creates a 'moon sand' consistency.
- Then put the flour mixed with coconut oil into you blender. (The Vitamix works GREAT for this. If you don't have one, click here to buy one with free shipping!:) Blend the dates into your flour thoroughly, then put mixture into a bowl for to add remainder of ingredients.
- Once back in the bowl, add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Let dough sit for about five minutes, then put in pan lightly greased with coconut oil.
- Bake at 350 for around 25 minutes, or until fork comes out clean.
Share what's on you mind. I love comments!!!! :)