Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Mushrooms n' rice

Share this page:



                                                                          

This is comfort food- my vegan version of chicken n' rice. I, of course, like this vegan version better. It is tasty and, to me, has all of the basic elements of the traditional chicken and rice dish. Also, the way the mushrooms are cooked with the rice gives this dish a flavor reminiscent of stroganoff . Don't let the simplicity fool you, either. Not everything that is good has a zillion ingredients and takes a long time to put together. I give this 5 stars, and I think you'll like it too! :)

Ingredients
  • 2 cups of uncooked (and rinsed) Jasmine rice
  • @ 1 cup of (rinsed) mushrooms ( I have used button and shitiike) cut into small pieces
  • salt to taste





  1. Pour around 5 cups of water into a pan, then add the rice, mushrooms, and salt.
  2. Cook as you would normally cook rice.
  3. Enjoy! :)

God bless!
Read more about me here.