Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Shitike Mushrooms and rice recipe. Yum. :)

Share this page:







                                                                        

I have to admit this dish is simple enough to make. I have been kind of craving shitike mushrooms for a while. The last ones I bought went bad in the fridge before I did anything with them. So, when I remembered these (that were still fresh:) I realized it was time to do something with them. And so, this is what I did.... (Made 1 bowl of yumminess.)

Ingredients
  • 1-2 cups of chopped shitike mushrooms
  • 1 sweet yellow onion
  • white Jasmine rice, prepared to package instructions
  • salt to taste







  1. I sauteed the onion and mushrooms in olive oil for about 30 minutes on low heat on the stovetop. (I added a bit of salt as well while cooking.)
  2. I prepared the Jasmine rice, and put the mushrooms and onions on it. 
  3. I ate it. :)
Also, I'd like to mention that I added a bit of coconut oil to the rice as it cooked. Being that it was virgin coconut oil, it gave the rice a very coconut-y taste. It was an interesting accompaniment.

Until next time.... God bless!