Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Yummy Vegan Mocha Recipe, Sugar Free Version

Share this post:



                                                                         

I have been very successful for a while now at cutting down my sugar intake drastically during the week. However, the homemade iced mochas my hubby and I have been drinking on the weekends had become problematic, in that I wasn't satisfied with the taste unless I used sweetened almond or soy milk. Until now. :)

After trying lots of different approaches I have finally (and happlily) settled on the following recipe. It really does matter what brand of stevia you use for this. NOW Foods organic stevia is non bitter, tastes great, and can be found at Whole Foods.

The following will make 4 10 oz. iced mochas.

For this recipe you will need:

  • 5 cups of unsweetened almond or soy milk (or milk of your choice) 
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 2-4 tablespoons instant coffee (I use Mount Hagen Organic-Cafe, the safest and healthiest available locally, at Whole Foods.)
  • 7 packets of NOW organic stevia, or about a dropperful of the liquid. (I now prefer the liquid.)
  • 1 tablespoon walnut pieces (optional, adds frothiness and a nice taste)

  1. Put all ingredients into blender. (I recommend the Ninja.)
  2. Blend for about two minutes. 
  3. Pour in glass over ice.
  4. Enjoy! :)

Until next time.... God bless!