This corn salad is as tasty as it looks, and even more so! This is one of my favorite dishes. When you get corn on the cob for this recipe, make sure it is non GMO! Most corn and soy grown are genetically modified, so we need to be diligent in buying organic (which is always GMO free), or at least what is labeled non GMO. I buy mine from Whole Foods. You get 4 for $2, and it is super yummy.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 2 ears of corn on the cob
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sliced tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- the juice of half a lime
- Shuck the corn and wash it well. I used baking soda to wash mine, and it worked charmingly. :)
- Using a knife and cutting board, cut the kernels off of the cob. Simply hold corn upright, and put the knife under the first kernel at the top of the cob and 'saw' the kernels off. Repeat until all kernels are removed.
- Add the sliced and chopped tomatoes and onions.
- Squeeze on the juice of half a lemon.
- Mix well.
- Enjoy! :)