This is my vegan mayonnaise recipe. I researched lots of recipes online and made this one with basic ingredients, until it tasted good and had the sweet and tart undertones of regular mayo. I observed also, that it thickens after a few hours in the fridge. So, if you are using it as a spread on sandwiches you may want to chill it for a bit. However, I was using it for Chickpea Spread ( Fake chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad :) and it was fine the consistency that it was. For the recipe you will need:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I used almond milk.)
- 3-4 walnuts (they emulsify well)
- 1/2 teaspoon each of mustard powder, cumin, and chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 packet of Stevia
- Put all of ingredients into blender, such as the Ninja. Blend until white and frothy.
- Use right away, or chill to thicken and use later.