Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Smoky almond veggie burger recipe

This recipe is vegan, and it is very good! I had some almond meal left over from when I made almond milk , so I whipped up this little recipe- and I am super glad I did! If you don't have any left over almond meal, you can buy it at the grocery store. I know that Walmart has it in their specialty section. My husband and I had plenty to eat with this recipe and there is some left overs in the freezer for this coming week. Yum!

Before I get started with the recipe, just look at this yummy burger! Notice that I have lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, mustard, ketchup, and a slice of avocado. Yes, a slice of AVOCADO! :) This gives the burger a yummy creaminess with no cheese. :)


I really love the smoky flavor that this burger has. It is one of my favorite veggie burger recipes. To make this recipe, you will need:
  • @ 1 1/2 cups almond meal
  • 1 cup pinto beans, prepared (tips on preparing & cooking beans)
  • 2-3 tablespoons liquid smoke (make sure it's vegan)
  • 1 teaspoon curry
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon basil (read health benefits here)
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
  • 1 onion and 1 small red pepper, finely diced in food processor or chopper like Ninja
  • 1/2 cup flour (add more if mixture needs thickening)
  • pinch of salt
Blend all of these ingredients together very well. Your mixture may seem a bit on the runny side- don't worry. You will still be able to form patties (carefully) and they will cook up very well. This is what you should have at this point:

Now, heat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a pan with a bit of coconut oil. Form into patties, like so:
Cook for 30 minutes, flip, and then cook for  30 more minutes. Then remove from oven, let cool a bit, and prepare with all of your favorite fixings! More pics of mine....

Enjoy!

2 comments:

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

That looks really good !
Love,Mom

Angel said...

Thanks. :)