This is a very tasty recipe that I believe just about anyone will love! Quite simply, it is couscous with veggies (and raisins) and some spices. If you are wondering what couscous is, the ingredient list is as follows: whole durum wheat semolina. So, it's wheat! It is prepared much like rice, and I like it much better than rice. On to this recipe's ingredients....
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup edamame (green soybeans-fresh taste better than frozen to me)
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup organic fermented soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 tsp ginger (optional)
- A wok works best for this recipe. Set your eye to medium-high.
- Add the coconut oil.
- Next add the onions and let them cook themselves for a bit to sweeten up. :o)
- Now add your carrots and edamame. (Stir veggies regularly to prevent burning.)
- While these cook, set about one cup water to boiling. When it boils, shut the eye off, add one cup dry couscous and stir. Let sit for about five minutes. (How easy is that?)
- Add the couscous to the wok.
- Add the raisins, spices, and soy sauce.
- Stir for a bit to let the flavors intertwine.
This recipe is very good right away, but excellent the next day- so do keep the leftovers!
Enjoy! And until next time.... God bless. :o)
|Read more about me here.|