Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Snaps and fennel recipe- yum yum!

Share this page:

I first tried fennel when eating at the Whole Foods cafe. It was on the buffet among other yummy foods. Needless to say I loved it and recreated it at home. My version is slightly different, as I have added a few things to my liking. Honestly, I had never had fennel before. It is really good. If you haven't tried it, do. The only place I can find that sells it is Whole Foods though, actually. This dish is extremely flavorful. I eat it as a main dish, which may sound strange to some people. However, as some trains of thought go, I find that I am more satisfied and eat less when I focus on one food at a time. Sooo without further ado... here is the ingredient list (it's quite simple):

  • 2-4 cups snaps (I use Trader Joe brand, frozen- affordable, fresh, and very good)
  • 1 fresh fennel, cut in strips (available at Whole Foods in the produce section, is organic)
  • small amount of toasted sesame oil for cooking (and coconut oil, optional)
  • soy sauce to taste
I use my wok for this recipe. You only need to use a small amount of oil if your wok is seasoned. To make this recipe simply:

  1. Turn eye on to medium/high heat.
  2. Add oil to wok. You can cook this with a small amount of coconut oil and then add a small amount of sesame oil at the end along with soy sauce for flavoring, or you can use sesame oil soley.
  3. Add fennel. You will need to cook it alone on low temp. covered for about 10 minutes. This should be sauteed just as onions are. 
  4. Next add the fennel. Stir and cover.
  5. Remove after about 10-20 minutes.
  6. Add soy sauce (and sesame oil if you haven't already) to taste.
  7. Enjoy!
Do click on the comment section below and let me know how you like it. Or, if you have other favorite ways to eat fennel, feel free to share that as well. God bless! :o)
God bless!

Read more about me here.