- They help you to lose weight and keep it off. There are lots and lots of nutrients in avocados such as protein, carbohydrates, vitamins a, b, c, d, k, and e, and many many more. View the entire nutritional profile here. The fat content works to stabilize your blood sugar, which causes you to feel full longer.
- They work to prevent and treat certain types of cancer. The special compositional make-up of avocados actually causes free radicals to attack cancer cells while leaving nearby healthy cells alone.
- The high folate content in avocados makes them heart healthy. A study has confirmed that women who eat diets high in folate have fewer heart problems.
- They lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol, probably due to the high content of oleic acid, a mono-saturated fat found also in olive oil and known to lower cholesterol.
- They help to lower blood pressure, probably due to their high potassium content.
- Eating avocados with other foods, such as adding them to a salad or salsa, helps your body to absorb more nutrients from other foods. You see, some nutrients are fat soluble, which means they are absorbed by the body better when eaten with something that contains fat. Avocado fat is a good fat to choose to eat along with other foods for this purpose. A study has confirmed that only a little is needed.
Do you need some ideas on ways to eat avocados? How about making some avocado chocolate pudding? I love to eat if for breakfast. I call it the breakfast of champions. lol Also, guacamole is a nice way to eat avocados. I prefer Wholly Guacamole. What is your favorite way to eat avocados? Leave a comment below and let me know! :o)
Avocado Health Benefits: A Superfood that Delivers Optimum Nutrition
Whfoods detailed nutritional analysis for avocados