Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Eating and shopping at Whole Foods



About a month ago, my husband and I made our first trip to Whole Foods. I know, I know, where have we been? Well, I had been mostly shopping in our small town. We have since broadened our horizons and we now love to go to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.

Well, we really enjoyed our first visit to Whole Foods and now it is our favorite place to eat! And, the variety there is so refreshing. I was pleasantly surprised to see some very reasonable prices as well. We bought lots of fun items, including azuki beans which are very good for you. (Recipe coming soon!)

I thought I would share my first 'Whole Foods' meal with you. It was super yummy, and has given me lots of ideas for recipes! I like to eat vegan or mostly vegan when I eat here, as the food is so good and I am trying not to eat cheese, like 95% of the time! :o) (I am a fan of soy shredded cheese I must confess.)

Here is my plate:
 

In case you don't know, at Whole Foods Market, you can get a buffet style meal. You choose what you want and pay by weight. Here I have some squash, super yummy barbeque tofu, french onion tofu, pasta with olive oil and grape tomatoes (good!), couscous with almonds, sweet potatoes with maple syrup and spices (yuummy), and very tasty snaps with fennel (double yum). 
And here is the minestrone soup. Very enjoyable:


And, for dessert, we had a vegan cupcake that we bought from the bakery. We split it. It was good, and very pretty too.

Until next time....

('DiggThis’)