Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Yummy Vegetable Pot Pie Recipe

Share this page:






                                                                          

This is a recipe that I put together myself. It consists of whatever veggies you have on hand/ want to use, in a sauce, with a biscuit crust on top. You 'll really, really want to try this one. I love it, and even crave it!

Veggie Ingredients
Coconut oil
Minced garlic
Onions
Potatoes
Carrots
Zucchini
Snaps (fresh, not in a can!)
Broccoli
Cauliflower
* Whatever veggies you would like to add! :o)

Sauce Ingredients
2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Touch of sea salt
1/2 -1 teaspoon of dried onion
1 tablespoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg or cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
2-3 heaping tablespoons of nutritional yeast (see bottom paragraph for brand suggestions)
1 1/2 cups water



Crust Ingredients
2 cups unbleached flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1cup water
1 tablespoon of  molasses
1 teaspoon of thyme

Let's get started!

  • First, cut up your veggies.
  • Put a heaping tablespoon of coconut oil into your wok or frying pan on medium heat.
  • Add your garlic and onions
  • Let onions cook on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
  • Add the rest of your veggies.
  • Add salt now. This will cause veggies to release some moisture and keep you from having to add any additional oil.
  • Let cook for about 20 minutes covered, stirring at least every 5 minutes.
This is what you will have at this point:



While your veggies are cooking those 20 minutes you will need to work on your sauce and crust mixture.
First is the sauce:
  • Put your coconut oil in a pan on low to medium heat.
  • Add the garlic.
  • Next add your dried onion.
  • Stir almost constantly.
  • Add the rest of your ingredients with the exception of the water.
  • Quickly stir your mixture together thoroughly
  • Add water and whisk whisk whisk.

This is what your yummy yummy sauce will look like:



The next step is to add the sauce to the veggies in the wok. Turn off the heat and let them sit, like so:


Time to make the biscuit mixture!
  • Add your flour, baking powder, and salt together.
  • Add coconut oil and knead together by hand for a minute or two.
  • Next add your milk and honey and stir.
  • Stir in your thyme.
  • Add the water.
  • Stir well
This should be a bit more liquid than regular biscuit batter. Here is what you should have:



Now it is time to put your yummy veggie mixture into a baking dish and spoon your biscuit mixture on top of it, like so:






Bake for about about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Once it cools down a bit, enjoy............




Now for the funny story....
I'll start off by saying that I now have to keep my nutritional yeast in the refrigerator. I used to keep it on my shelf in the kitchen. However, one day as I was sitting in the living room I heard a commotion. I ran into the kitchen and saw this:



Can you see it? Do you see the two little holes near the bottom? It seems one my cats, Bowtie, can take the top off using two of his teeth.... So funny! Anyway, they were just looking up at me when I walked in. I could tell they had been eating it and so I scooped the top portion out and let them have it..... So you see, it's so good my cat even tries to steal it!



('DiggThis’)



God bless!

Read more about me here.