- 16 oz. bag of dried Pinto Beans- Good source of fiber. Benefits your heart, blood sugar levels, energy, memory, and detoxes your body of a certain common food preservative.
- 1 heaping tablespoon of crushed Garlic- Good for your heart. Garlic is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti- cancer, promotes healthy weight, good for overall health.
- 1 Onion- lowers blood sugar, heart healthy, anti-cancer, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, helps keep bones strong
- Pinch of Sea Salt to taste
- 2 large Sweet Bell Peppers, or several small Sweet Peppers (I prefer red, or a combination of red, orange, and yellow) - promotes heart and overal health, lung protector and good for eyesight (due to vitamin A), good source of vitamin C.
- 1 tablespoon of Chili Powder- anti-inflammatory, pain reliever, promotes heart health, clears congestion, boosts immunity, promotes healthy weight, reduces risk of type 2 diabetes, prevents ulcers
- 1/2 teaspoon of Thyme- protects cells, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-spasmatic, expectorant
- about 10 fresh Basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried Basil- anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, heart healthy, anti-parasitic
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin- good for digestion, energy, immunity, cancer prevention, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, promotes stable blood sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano- is a powerful anti-oxident, anti-bacterial
- 2 tablespoons of Molasses- good source of iron, calcium, and minerals
- 1 16 oz. can of Tomato Sauce- has lycopene which is an anti-oxident and protects against cancer, promotes heart health and healthy cholesterol levels, anti-inflammatory
Here is a shot of the fresh basil I added. Herbs are so pretty and fragrant, and it is much more cost effective to grow them, when you can.
Finally, after you chili slow cooks, go ahead and add your molasses and tomato sauce. Stir well.
Place into a bowl and add cheese (maybe some new Daiya?) if you'd like. And Enjoy! :o)