Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Lentil Soup

Share this page:


I have enjoyed a good bowl of lentil soup for years. Progressive does indeed make a pretty good bowl of lentil soup, but there is nothing like home made when it is done right. Not only is home made lentil soup free from msg, but it also turns out the same every time. (Also, most canned food has yucky BPA, which is very unhealthy!) What originally spurred me on to make my own is the fact that some of the cans of soups just didn't taste right, and I never knew which batch I was getting until I got home. So, to make a long story short, I can now make a huge pot of lentil soup that is much tastier than store bought, and much less expensive. If you can't eat it all, just freeze half to have a quick meal another day.

Without further ado.... here is the recipe! :o)

Here is what you will need:

  • 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 chopped yellow onion
  • 2-3 chopped carrots
  • 1 bag of spinach
  • 1 bag of lentils
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • large can of tomato sauce
  • 2 tablespoons of molasses
  • 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil





  1. First rinse your lentils well.
  2. Then fill your old trusty crockpot 3/4 full of water. Add lentils.
  3. Then add garlic, onions, and carrots. Next add all of your spices, olive oil, and salt.
  4. Finally put in at least 3/4 of the bag of spinach. Put the top on the crockpot, set it for slow cooking for 8 eight hours.
  5. When the cooking is complete, add the can of tomato sauce and molasses.
  6. Stir well and serve. :o) 


It's yummy!



I am so glad that you stopped by Yummy Vegetarian Delights! Feel free to explore the rest of the site, and please leave a comment below!! :)

God bless!
~ Angel
Read more about me here.