Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Thoughtful Thursday: Cauliflower health benefits


http://www.flickr.com/photos/horiavarlan/4268969014/
I really like the taste of cauliflower. It's ok cooked, but I really prefer it raw. Raw in wraps, raw in salads, or just raw cauliflower by itself. The taste, to me, is yummy.

One of my first memories of cauliflower is of an experience that left me feeling quite different about it than the way I feel now. I was in elementary school and someone came to visit and talk with some of us school children. The person brought raw veggies and urged us to try them. I remember trying cauliflower and not liking it at all. Obviously my taste preferences have changed somewhat! :)

I hope you reading this blog like cauliflower as much as I do. Here are some health benefits of cauliflower that may urge you to give it another try if you don't (or keep eating it if you do!):

  • Detoxes the body
  • Reduces inflammation
  • Anti-cancer benefits
  • Is a source of fiber
  • Has antioxidants
  • Has omega 3 fatty acids, tryptophan, b vitamins, and more!

To read even more about cauliflower and to see its complete nutritional profile, visit  the cauliflower page at WHFoods.com.


Do you like cauliflower as much as I do? What is your favorite way to eat it? Let me know in the comments section below. :)







Until next time.... God bless!
 
 




Like Yummy Vegetarian Delights? Why not leave a tip?








You can share the link to this post with a friend in a message on FB!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love cauliflower too. Love it raw just like that for a snack (in fact I`m crunching on some right this moment). Another tasty way to eat cauliflower is steamed and then sauteed with a bit of butter. Can add some parmesan or spring onion, yumm!