A few benefits of sweet potatoes are:
- They are very high in vitamins Beta carotene(our bodies convert beta carotene into vitamin A) and C. Both A and C are anti-oxidents and anti- inflammatory.
- Sweet potatoes also supply vitamins b6 and b7 and potassium- all of which contribute to heart health and stress relief.
- Even though sweet potatoes are sweet, they stabilize blood sugar. How awesome that God has given a sweet food to satsify our sweet tooth that actually improves our health! :o)
- Sweet potatoes are a good source of fiber, especially with the skins on. And since lots of vitamins are in the skin, it is good to wash your sweet potato well and eat it- skin and all.
- They also contain calcium and protein, in lesser amounts.
- All of this, and there is only 54 calories in one whole sweet potato. Now that's sweet!
"CalorieKing - Calorie Counter - Calories in Fresh Vegetables: Sweet Potato, baked in skin, no salt added, edible portion." CalorieKing - Diet and weight loss. Calorie Counter and more. 11 Feb. 2010
"Sweet Potato - Health Benefits." Juicing for Health. 11 Feb. 2010
"WHFoods: Sweet potatoes." The World's Healthiest Foods. 11 Feb. 2010