Take your vegan cooking to a level you never knew possible with a Vitamix of your very own! Free shipping through my links!

Hummus Recipe

Share this page:

Last night I made some pita bread and hummus for eating today. You can find the pita bread recipe here. As for hummus, it really isn't that difficult to make. It is tasty, and it is very good for you.

I started off with a 16 oz. bag of Chickpeas AKA garbonzo beans. If you are new at cooking beans from scratch, read all about it here.

At this point I added a teaspoon of lemon juice, a tablespoon of coconut oil, a teaspoon of of cumin, a teaspoon of onion powder, about half of a teaspoon of garlic, and about two tablespoons of roasted sesame seeds to the chickpeas. You will need to add about a cup of water as well to get it to a nice consistancy. I stirred well, then into the Ninja it went.

Once it was thoroughly blended, it was ready to be served with some fresh pita bread.




('DiggThis’)
God bless!

Read more about me here.